The Southern Select Alpaca Show
Southern Select Alpaca Show
March 7 - 8, 2015
Sevierville Convention Center • Sevierville, TN
Free to Public!
14th annual Southern Select Alpaca Show
March 7 - 8 , 2015
Sevierville Convention Center in Sevierville,Tennessee.
REGISTRATION for HALTER is EXTENDED until Saturday, February 28, 2015
Solid Level IV Halter show. Looking for Suri entries to be able to host a
Judge's Choice for Suri's. Ohhhh, so close!
(The public does not need to register, this is for our alpaca exhibtors & vendors)
Saturday, March 7, 9:00 am - 5: 00 pm
Sunday, March 8, 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Highlights for Public: Meet the alpaca up close, Experienced breeders available to answer all your questions, Learn about the fiber arts through free classes & demonstrations. Shopping! Georgeous, lush alpaca products and fiber arts supplies for sale. Bring your spinning wheels, knitting and Crochet needles and give alpaca a whirl in our free spinning/fiber circle hosted by Moonwood Farms Fiber Studio.
Free Spinners/Project Circle
Bring your wheel or spindle to sample FREE spinning fibers that we've created, as well as a small buffett you may not have tried before. Not interested in spinning? That's okay, just bring whatever fibery project you are working on and join us for conversation, sharing and companionship.
- Drop spindling for beginners
- Carding an embellished alpaca fiber batt
- Making roving and rolags on a drum carder
- Introduction to dyeing alpaca fiber
- Getting started with knitting
- Beginning crochet
- Introduction to dyeing alpaca yarn
- Navajo plying for intermediate and advanced beginning spinners
- Corespinning for intermediate and advanced beginning spinners
MEET OUR 2015 VENDORS, click here.
NEW for Alpaca Exhibitors in 2015:
ALL SPONSORS WILL BE ABLE TO DRIVE INTO THE BUILDING NEAR STALLS TO UNLOAD...stop all that shlepping and sign up as a sponsor today!!
- Fiber Arts and Skein Competition. (Please note that the Mill Skein Competition catagories/classes have been changed to perform a more specific judging style geared toward mill production - AOA approved. Which Mill does it best???
- Sunday Breakfast fleece show winners presentation. (2 Free Breakfast tickets will be given to all exhibitors that purcahase at least one stall. Please note you must register for the tickets during registration to recieve them in your packs. Extra tickets will also be available for purchase at the show for $10 each)
SPONSOR TODAY! Sign as a Sponsor early, get discounts and take advantage of more marketing opportunities. For sonsor benefits, click her
Let's fill the house!!
Sponsor today, click here.
We invite you to join us MARCH 7 – 8, 2015 in Sevierville, TN for one of the premier halter show in the nation, featuring a level V Halter show.
The Herd Sire Breedings Auction will be a Live Auction held Saturday immediately following the close of the halter rings for the day. Don't go anywhere, cocktails and appetizers will be served in the transformed performance ring during the live herdsire auction.
Old favorites such as the Hand-Crafter's Spin-off is still a big part of the festivities. Lots of great vendors and fiber activities all under one roof, this is sure to be fun for all! And kids, don't forget the Absolutely Huge Indoor Water Park at the hotel connected to the Events Center.
The venue is tucked in the Smokey Mountains near the resort town of Pigeon Forge. Loads of activities and attractions in the area already command a large number of public.
The SeAA represents alpaca owners and breeders in the Southeast from the states of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia.
Sign as a Sponsor early, get discounts and take advantage of more marketing opportunities.
- Halter Registraion, click here
- Vendor Registration, click here.
- Silent Auction Donation, click here.
- Fiber Arts/Skein Competition, click here
- Mill Skein Competition, click here.
Jude Anderson - All Huacaya & Suri Females
Amanda VandenBosch - All Huacaya & Suri Males
Fiber Arts and Hand Spun Skein Judge
Mill Spun Skein Judge